The day has finally come- I have discovered blood sugar balance Enlightenment and paved the path to snack food Nirvana- with a road made of coconut oil and almond butter.
After sharing these babies at work and showing others the light, I know I am on to something good- my colleagues now request that I bring these in every day to save them from their dreaded 3pm energy slump. And I have convinced them that fat is actually your friend rather than a foe. Huge win!
After a few experimental batches I have perfected the formula on these "B-Bites" and have found them to be highly customizable and very easy to infuse with whatever superfood or micronutrients you might be craving. My standard recipe for Balance Bites, as well as a couple of customizations, is below.
B Bites (Balance, Beauty, Bee, Bliss....you get the gist)
You Will Need:
- 1/2 Cup Walnut Pieces
- 1/2 Cup other nuts of your choice- I liked sliced almond or pepitas
- 1/4 Cup no-sugar added almond butter
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil- liquid consistency
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Dash of maple syrup or liquid sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Raw cacao (optional)
- Adaptogens of your choice (optional)
How To Make Them:
- Pulse nuts in a blender or food processor a couple of times until the consistency is half roughly chopped and half roughly ground.
- In a bowl, combine nuts with remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stick in the fridge for 20-30 minutes until consistency allows you to roll the dough into balls.
- Roll between palms into bite-sized balls and store in refrigerator or freeze to keep for longer than a week
- Makes about 7 medium size bites or 5 larger bites.
Use raw honey in place of maple syrup and add a teaspoon of bee pollen to the mixture before cooling.