RECIPE: Summer Radish, Walnut and Herb Salad
Living in tune with the cycles of the seasons for me means I honor my body's desires for fresh, light and raw foods during these hot days of summer! My little garden produced a small bounty of radishes and herbs, which were perfect for this gorgeously vibrant salad. Nothing could have been more satisfying on a balmy summer night!
You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 Bunch small radishes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Handful of sliced chives
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup spinach
How to Make It:
- Whisk together lemon juice, EVOO and salt and pepper to taste to make the dressing. Set aside.
- Combine radishes, cucumber, and walnuts in a bowl with 1-2 tbsp dressing and toss to combine.
- Add crumbled feta and toss gently.
- Arrange a bed of spinach on each plate and lightly drizzle dressing over the leaves. Top with radish mixture.
- In bowl combine chives, dill and mint with 1 tbsp dressing. Toss to combine and pile on top of radish mixture.